Update: Police have identified the victim as 72-year-old Raymond Drexler from Huntsville.
Police say about 2:09 p.m., another driver was stopped in traffic, going west on Winchester Road in front of the Walmart. According to the department, Drexler rear-ended the other driver, causing major damage to Drexler's vehicle and minor damage to the other vehicle, a Freightliner.
Drexler died at the scene of the crash. Police say no charges will be filed.
Alabama State Troopers confirm the crash was not caused by Friday's weather.
One person is confirmed dead in a wreck on Winchester Road near Homer Nance Road in Huntsville.
Don Webster, Huntsville Emergency Medical Services spokesman, said the incident is in front of the Zaxby’s restaurant.
No other injuries have been reported.
Avoid the area if possible.
Use caution if you cannot.
- Huntsville man killed in Winchester Road, Homer Nance Road wreck
- Woman injured after her car flipped on Homer Nance Road
- UPDATE: Woman killed in Winchester Road wreck identified
- Traffic Alert: Wreck closes Capshaw Road at Wall Triana, Nance
- Nance Road to be closed for maintenance
- Crews repair spot on Homer Nance Road ripped apart by rain
- UPDATE: Two students hospitalized after wreck on Winchester Road
- Traffic alert: Wreck blocks part of Winchester Road
- Gas leak temporarily shuts down Winchester Road
- 1 hurt in 3-vehicle Winchester Road crash