9:25 a.m. update: Alabama State Troopers say the call came in at 7:31 a.m. They say a red truck was speeding down the road and lost control, overcorrected and turned in to oncoming traffic. The truck t-boned a gray van, according to troopers.
The driver of the truck has been transported to Huntsville Hospital. The driver of the gray van was not injured.
8:30 a.m. update: Both sides of Hobbs Island Road are back open after the wreck. Crews are waiting on a tow truck to arrive. Madison County Sheriff's Office, Owens Cross Roads Police Department, Alabama State Troopers and New Hope fire and police departments are on scene.
The Madison County Sheriff’s Office reports that Hobbs Island Road is shut down south of Gunn Drive due to a wreck.
Seek an alternate route if possible.
- Update: 1 hurt in Hobbs Island Road wreck
- Hobbs Island Road at Russell Drive closed after wreck
- Hobbs Island Road heavily flooded on Friday
- Hobbs Island Road in Huntsville closed because of flooding
- Motorcyclist taken to hospital after wreck at Hobbs Island Road in Huntsville
- Wreck blocks portion of Memorial Parkway at Hobbs Road
- Investigation underway after car crashes into Hobbs Island business
- Traffic alert: Flooding closes part of Hobbs Island Road, Cecil Ashburn detour
- Huntsville police: Arab man killed in Memorial Parkway, Hobbs Island Road crash
- Madison police officer hurt in wreck