Huntsville Utilities Water Operations will be closing the following lanes for service line removal work on Thursday night:
At 6 p.m., the eastbound lane of Saint Clair Avenue between Gallatin Street and Fackler Street.
At 9 p.m., the northbound lane of Gallatin Street between Saint Clair Avenue and Sivley Road.
Both closures are expected to last two to four hours.
Motorists are asked to avoid this area if possible.
Motorists traveling through this area are asked to do so with extreme caution as workers will be present, said Todd Long, Huntsville Utilities spokesman.
If possible, travelers are advised to plan an alternate route to minimize any inconvenience.
If alternate routes are not available, be prepared for shifting traffic patterns and possible delays.
- Traffic Alert: Saint Clair, Gallatin Street lane closures set for Thursday night
- Traffic Alert: Portion of Gallatin Street to close Wednesday night
- Traffic alert: Crash blocking traffic at Governors Drive, Gallatin Street in Huntsville
- Wreck cleared at Governors Drive, Gallatin Street
- Traffic Alert: Governors Drive westbound at Gallatin Street back open after multiple-vehicle wreck
- Traffic Alert: Roadwork causes lane closures on Meridian Street in Huntsville
- Traffic alert: Accident impacting Jordan Lane
- Traffic Alert: Lane closures expected while crews repair crack on U.S. 231
- Traffic Alert: Single-lane closures expected on I-565 westbound in Limestone Co.