Huntsville Utilities Water Operations will close Gallatin Street between Governors Drive and Longwood Avenue for valve repair work at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
The road is projected to be closed until 2 a.m.
Huntsville Utilities is asking drivers to avoid the area if possible, and to mindful of workers and shifting traffic if they cannot.
- Traffic Alert: Portion of Gallatin Street to close Wednesday night
- Traffic Alert: Saint Clair, Gallatin Street lane closures set for Thursday night
- Traffic alert: Crash blocking traffic at Governors Drive, Gallatin Street in Huntsville
- Wreck cleared at Governors Drive, Gallatin Street
- Traffic Alert: Governors Drive westbound at Gallatin Street back open after multiple-vehicle wreck
- Traffic alert: Wreck closes portion of South Green Mountain Road
- Traffic alert: Downed power pole closes portion of Whitesburg Drive
- Traffic alert: Portion of Brownsboro Road closed for wreck
- Traffic alert: Accident closes portion of Sparkman Drive
- Traffic alert: Portion of Pulaski Pike closed for repair work