According to the Limestone County Sheriff's Office, Interstate 65 southbound is shut down between Highway 72 and Huntsville-Brownsferry Road due to a crash involving two 18-wheelers.
The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency tweeted that the wreck happened between the 346 and the 347 mile markers on Interstate 65 and that it involved an overturned tractor-trailer.
The sheriff's office advises drivers to use Exit 354 to take U.S. 31 south to Huntsville-Brownsferry to avoid delays. It's unknown if anyone was injured in the wreck.
For live traffic alerts, click HERE.
- Traffic Alert: I-65 southbound shut down between HWY 72 and Huntsville-Brownsferry Rd. due to wreck
- Madison police: Westbound traffic at HWY 72, Hughes Road intersection shut down after wreck
- Traffic Alert: Southbound traffic blocked at Patterson Lane in Meridianville due to wreck
- Traffic alert: Wreck blocking lanes of Hwy. 72 near Paint Rock
- Traffic Alert: Highway 53 closed southbound after wreck
- Traffic Alert: Southbound access to Golf Road from Memorial PKWY shut down after wreck
- Traffic alert: Wreck completely shuts down southbound lanes at Jordan Lane, Sparkman Drive
- Huntsville police close eastbound lanes of HWY 72 E at Shields Road due to wreck
- I-65 Southbound lanes back open after tractor trailer wreck
- Highway 72 wreck slows down morning traffic