Huntsville Utilities will be closing roads and lanes in downtown Huntsville at 7:30 p.m. Thursday to continue gas main upgrade work.
Clinton Avenue will be closed between Church Street and Jefferson Street, Spragins Street will be closed between Holmes Avenue and Spring Street and Jefferson Street's southbound lane will be closed between Holmes Avenue and Clinton Avenue.
Todd Long with Huntsville Utilities said the work is expected to last at least eight hours, and drivers are asked to avoid the area, if possible.
- Traffic Alert: Huntsville Utilities closing lanes, roads for gas main upgrades
- Traffic alert: Huntsville Utilities closes Clinton Avenue lane
- Traffic alert: Huntsville Utilities closing part of Clinton Avenue
- Traffic alert: Huntsville Utilities closes lane of Laverne Drive at Sparkman
- Decatur Utilities water main repair impacting traffic
- Traffic alert: Downed utility pole blocking Mooresville Road/Hwy. 20
- Traffic alert: Part of Clinton Avenue closed for gas main replacement
- Traffic Alert: Crews closing Bledsoe Road in Athens for utility repairs
- Traffic Alert: Redstone Arsenal closes northbound traffic on Patton Road
- Traffic alert: One lane of Bob Wallace Avenue closed for gas line work