The Alabama Department of Transportation says drivers should expect closures of the southbound outside lane and shoulder of Interstate 65 between Exit 354 (U.S. 31) and Exit 351 (U.S. 72) in Athens on Wednesday.
According to Seth Burkett, a spokesperson for the department, weather permitting, crews will be repairing pavement from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. He says drivers should reduce speed and be prepared to merge left when approaching the work zone.
For live traffic alerts, click HERE.
- Traffic Alert: Expect delays on Interstate 65 southbound in Athens
- Drivers can expect delays on Interstate 65 near Tennessee River
- Interstate 65 lane closure causing delays
- Traffic alert: 3-mile backup reported on Interstate 65 near Decatur
- Traffic Alert: Expect delays on Interstate 565 due to cable barrier repair
- Traffic Alert: Expect delays on Interstate 565 in Limestone Co. while crews fix potholes
- Traffic Alert: Crash on AL 67 Southbound in Decatur causes major delays
- Traffic Alert: Highway 53 closed southbound after wreck
- Traffic alert: Delays on Governors Drive