UPDATE: (6:45 p.m.) The road should be reopened around 7:15 p.m. Officials say they do not know where the truck that the oil came from is.
Sullivan Street as of 4 p.m. Wednesday; Courtesy of Mike Gentle
Sullivan Street as of 6:45 p.m. Wednesday
Traffic is now moving on both Sullivan Street and Mill Road. Crews will shut down the Sullivan Street/Mill Road intersection all the way to Browns Ferry Road at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday until further notice to clean up the hydraulic oil spill.
Crews have put down oil dissolver, sand and gravel. They are currently letting cars drive over the area to help it dry. Officials cleaned out storm drains.
Drivers are urged to avoid the area of Sullivan Street and Mill Road going north in Madison County while crews clean up an oil spill from a truck.
WAAY 31 has a reporter at Mill Road, and traffic is currently at a standstill.
For live traffic alerts, click HERE.
- Traffic Alert: Crews clean up oil spill at Sullivan Street and Mill Road intersection
- Crews respond to fuel spill on I-565, near Greenbrier Road
- Traffic alert: Accident shuts down part of Sullivan Street in Madison
- Traffic alert: Accident on Rideout Road
- Traffic alert: Accident reported on Rideout Road
- Traffic Alert: Redstone Arsenal closes northbound traffic on Patton Road
- Traffic alert: Traffic signals out at Hughes Road, Madison Boulevard
- Traffic Alert: Crews to close one lane for paving on 11th Street in Decatur
- Update: Traffic flowing again after wreck at Browns Ferry Road, Sullivan Street in Madison
- Many concerned about safety after oil spill in Decatur