The City of Huntsville says from July 10 to July 19, weather permitting, crews will begin work on Old Railroad Bed Road north of the intersection of U.S. Highway 72 for around ¼ of a mile.
A city spokesperson, Kelly Schrimsher, says traffic will be down to a single southbound lane along Old Railroad Bed Road toward U.S. Highway 72. She says measures will be in place to detour northbound traffic along Old Railroad Bed Road.
Drivers are urged to take alternate routes to avoid traffic congestion during the roadwork. For live traffic alerts, click HERE.
- Traffic Alert: Drivers urged to avoid Old Railroad Bed Road at HWY 72 during roadwork
- Traffic Alert: I-65 southbound shut down between HWY 72 and Huntsville-Brownsferry Rd. due to wreck
- Limestone County deputies investigating shooting on Old Railroad Bed Road
- Madison police: Westbound traffic at HWY 72, Hughes Road intersection shut down after wreck
- Traffic alert: Roadwork could cause delays in Limestone, Morgan counties Monday
- Traffic Alert: Roadwork causes lane closures on Meridian Street in Huntsville
- Traffic Alert: Large sinkhole on Hwy. 53 near Burwell Road has been filled
- Traffic alert: Accident shuts down lanes of Hwy. 231/431 near Steger Road
- Madison shoppers hope new development on Hwy 72 doesn't impact traffic
- Traffic alert: Accident on Rideout Road