DETROIT (AP) - Toyota is recalling 601,000 more vehicles in the U.S. to replace defective and potentially deadly Takata air bag inflators.
The company says the recall covers the Toyota Corolla and Matrix, Scion xB, Lexus IS250 and 350, and the Lexus IS-F from 2009, 2010 and 2013. Also covered are the 2010 and 2013 Toyota 4-Runner, Lexus IS250C and 350C and Lexus GX460, as well as the 2009 and 2010 Toyota Yaris and Lexus ES350, and the 2013 Toyota Sienna.
The recalls come after Takata revealed that another 3.3 million inflators are defective. Its inflators can explode with too much force and hurl shrapnel. At least 20 people have died worldwide and more than 280 have been hurt.
Owners will be notified by March and dealers will replace front passenger inflators or air bag assemblies.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
1/9/2018 2:18:19 PM (GMT -6:00)
- Toyota adds 601,000 vehicles to Takata air bag recalls
- Fiat Chrysler recalls 1.6M vehicles to fix Takata air bags
- Toyota recalls 645,000 vehicles; air bags may not inflate
- Toyota recalling 168,000 vehicles
- Toyota recalls pickups, SUVs to fix air bag, brake problems
- Toyota recalls 1.3M vehicles in the US to fix air bags
- Kia recalls over 500K vehicles; air bags may not inflate
- Honda to recall around 1M vehicles with dangerous air bags
- Hyundai recalls Sonatas; air bags may not inflate in crash
- Toyota, Subaru recall cars for possible stalling