The Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigation Division arrested a Town Creek woman Wednesday on charges related to the theft of a credit card from her employer.
Marshelle M. Grimes, 46, has been charged with one count of first-degree theft of property and 10 counts of fraudulent use of a debit or credit card, according to Lt. Chris Waldrep.
In a press release Sheriff Max Sanders said the office began an investigation after a Lawrence County business reported that a credit card belonging to it was being used without permission at a convenience store. Grimes was a cashier at the store and was listed as the suspect, Sanders said. The investigation revealed that approximately $30,000 had been taken over a couple months.
Grimes was booked into the Lawrence County Jail and has a $55,000 bond. The investigation is ongoing.
- Town Creek woman charged with taking $30,000 from business
- Town Creek man arrested on multiple child sex abuse charges
- Lawrence County sheriff charges Town Creek man with rape, stalking
- Severe flooding reported in Town Creek
- Community remembers victims of Town Creek tornado
- Town Creek man killed Sunday in Lawrence County shooting
- Town Creek community comes together after couple died in storm
- Volunteers spend all day cleaning up in Town Creek
- Volunteers come to help people in Town Creek after tornado
- More volunteers needed to help in Town Creek tornado cleanup