On Monday, we are getting our first look at the damage people in Marshall County spent the day cleaning up.
An EF-1 tornado with winds up to 100 mph ripped across Route 69, damaging almost everything in its path.
WAAY 31 went to a man's property that had severe damage. His garage, made of cinder block, was left with a half standing structure.
The tornado also took out several trees on his property, and the roof to his home was damaged.
We also spoke with several homeowners about the storm, and they all told us the storm happened in a matter of minutes.
"We had a lot of winds. Stuff hit the side of the house, kinda like pressure built up," says Tommy Barton, whose home was damaged in the storm.
"We seen 'em...But it's something else to be in it...And by the grace of God, we're all saved," says Betty Purser, whose shop roof was also damaged in the storm.
Both Barton and Purser live across from one another in Joppa off of Route 69. They had damage to their homes.
"We had four trees sitting across my house, and my truck was sitting under them," says Barton.
Neighbors who live off Route 69 on the Cullman and Marshall County line saw serious damage. One family's mobile home had a large tree fall on it. The tree fell onto a power line, too. The family told us they were forced to move out on Sunday.
Other homes and properties had fallen trees and damaged rooftops.
"This is my first tornado, and it was a big experience," says Barton.
Multiple crews are working to remove trees that sat on top of homes on this road. Some are even still left without power.
- Tornado leaves several homes damaged and without roofs in Marshall County
- Marshall County recovering from tornado damage
- Tornado damage cleanup underway in Marshall County
- Marshall County tornado shelters
- Homes destroyed by tornado in Marshall County
- Marshall County School Board approves emergency declaration after tornado damage
- Firefighters home damaged in Colbert Heights tornado
- National Weather Service confirms Marshall County tornado
- Home damaged in Sheffield after trees fall on roof
- Marshall County Jail roof needs reworking after renovation