A Tony Award nominated musical is coming to Decatur.
The Princess Theatre announced they'll have the musical "The Scottsboro Boys." The production tells the story of nine young black men from ages of 12 to 19 who were travelling by train through Scottsboro in 1931, in search of a new life.
The director and choreographer, Susan Stroman, said this is an important musical that has already been in production in the northern part of the U.S. and even in England.
“Everyone knew the names of the jurors and everyone knew the names of the reporters, but no one knew their names individually, so it was very important to us to make sure by the end of the show when you leave, you know those boys names," Stroman said Thursday.
- Tony Award nominated musical coming to Decatur
- Country Music Association Awards nominations
- Shoals natives nominated for Grammy awards
- Academy Award-nominated actor Albert Finney dies at age 82
- Grammy winner Bruce Hornsby coming to Decatur
- Grammy nominations are here
- Huntsville's 'Musical Audit'
- Lyft and Uber one step closer to coming to Decatur
- Fixes coming for pothole ridden roads in Decatur
- Wi-Fi may be coming to downtown Decatur