DETROIT (AP) - The Detroit Tigers have agreed to terms with right-hander Casey Mize, the No. 1 pick in this year's draft.
The Tigers announced the agreement before Monday's game against Oakland. In 17 starts at Auburn this year, Mize went 10-6 with a 3.30 ERA. The 6-foot-3 junior averaged 12.24 strikeouts per nine innings.
In three seasons at Auburn, Mize went 20-13 with a 2.96 ERA, 324 strikeouts and 43 walks.
The Tigers have agreed to deals with 35 players from this year's draft.
More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball
Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
6/25/2018 12:45:31 PM (GMT -5:00)
- Tigers agree to terms with top overall draft pick
- Tigers draft Auburn right-hander Casey Mize with No. 1 pick
- Madison County Tiger walk
- Cincinnati Bengals pick Alabama's Jonah Williams in first round of 2019 NFL Draft
- New York Jets select Alabama's Quinnen Williams as third overall pick in 2019 NFL Draft
- Oakland Raiders pick Alabama's Josh Jacobs in first round of 2019 NFL Draft
- Houston Texans pick Alabama State's Tytus Howard in first round of 2019 NFL Draft
- Minnesota Vikings pick Alabama's Irv Smith Jr. in Round 2 of 2019 NFL Draft
- New England Patriots pick Alabama's Damien Harris in Round 3 of 2019 NFL Draft
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers pick Auburn's Jamel Dean in Round 3 of 2019 NFL Draft