Wreckless driving resulted in three teenagers winding up in police custody.
Investigators with the Madison County Sheriff's Office said the trio tried to run from a wreck.
Shortly after 1:00 a.m. Thursday morning, a Madison County Sheriff's Deputy spotted a vehicle crossing North Memorial Parkway by way of Hollow Road without stopping. The car then turned north onto Meridian Street.
Officials said by the time the deputy caught up to the car, it had wrecked on the side of Meridian and at least five people ran from the vehicle.
One male teen was able to be captured immediately by a fence. Sheriff's officials said the second suspect, who was later determined to be the driver, was caught by a K-9 unit and received a bite.
The 18-year-old male driver received treatment for the bite.
A third suspect, a female teenager, was also taken into custody after being found near the driver.
The two others who ran from the vehicle were not able to be located at that time.
Around 3:30 a.m., the owner of the vehicle arrived at the scene and was able to take the car home.
Neither any potential charges nor the name of the 18-year-old driver have been made public as of the publishing of this article.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Three teenagers arrested after found fleeing from a stolen car
- UPDATE: Missing teenager found safe
- Two arrested after chase in a possibly stolen car
- Two individuals arrested after being found with stolen disabled van
- Teenager arrested after running from police
- Car wreck kills one teenager, injures three others
- Two Decatur teenagers hit by cars in last three days
- Decatur police: Suspect in teenager's murder found in Knoxville
- UPDATE: DeKalb County child abducted by teenager has been found
- Marshall County sheriff: Woman found with drugs, passed out in stolen car