(CNN) -- Before his sentencing, former USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar made a brief statement, saying he would "carry the words" of his victims with him for the rest of his days.
The sentencing followed seven days of emotional victim testimony. Turning to look at his several victims sitting in the courtroom, Nassar said their words "have shaken me to my core."
Here is his full statement:
"It's just a short statement.
Your words these past several days -- their words, your words -- have had a significant emotional effect on myself and has shaken me to my core.
I also recognize that what I am feeling pales in comparison to the pain, trauma, and emotional destruction that all of you are feeling.
There are no words that can describe the depth and breadth of how sorry I am for what has occurred. An acceptable apology to all of you is impossible to write and convey. I will carry your words with me for the rest of my days."
™ & © 2018 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- This is Larry Nassar's full statement before he was sentenced
- Larry Nassar sentenced to 40 to 125 years at final sentencing
- Larry Nassar sentenced to up to 175 years in prison for decades of sexual abuse
- Michigan court will review Larry Nassar sentencing after claims of bias
- Singapore Summit: full text of signed statement
- Father lunges at Larry Nassar in court before being restrained
- This gymnast is now the first man to accuse Larry Nassar of abuse
- Larry Nassar says his decades of sexual abuse should have been handled as a medical malpractice case, report says
- Ingram releases statement challenging NFL suspension
- Alabama A&M releases statement regarding NCAA announcement