Storms have popped up every afternoon so far this week and today won't be any different. In fact, our chance of rain today is up to 70% and like yesterday, some storms can be on the stronger side. Heavy rain, frequent lightning, and gusty wind are all possible today. In regard to the wind, the strongest storms can produce wind gusts over 50 mph.
The storms fade by midnight and Saturday morning will be gloomy but dry. By the afternoon, scattered storms develop again, but not quite with the same coverage as today. A small bit of good news comes with the temperatures. As a cold front approaches, highs drop to the middle 80s tomorrow.
- The stormy streak continues
- Thursday begins a stormy, rainy streak
- Our rainy streak starts Wednesday
- Hot, humid, and stormy
- Muggy and stormy Saturday
- A stormy pattern persists
- The beginning of a relatively rainy streak.
- Bright Streak Lights Up Northeast Alabama
- Buckhorn ends Sparkman's six game win streak
- Trump changes his story about Stormy Daniels