VATICAN CITY (AP) - The Vatican has called the sex abuse described in a grand jury report in Pennsylvania "criminal and morally reprehensible."
In a statement released late Thursday, Vatican spokesman Greg Burke said "those acts were betrayals of trust that robbed survivors of their dignity and faith."
He said that victims should know that Pope Francis is on their side.
- The Vatican addresses reported sex abuse by Philadelphia priests
- Report: Many clients claim sex abuse at Massage Envy spas
- Husband, Wife arrested on sex abuse charges
- Doctors keep licenses despite sex abuse
- Two men charged with child sex abuse
- Philadelphia Mayor says Starbucks 'contrite' over arrests
- WAAY 31 I-TEAM: Report details sex abuse charges against Florence pastor
- State of NASA Address
- Gymnast McKayla Maroney says settlement covered up sex abuse