LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. (AP) - Authorities say a Tesla sedan in Autopilot mode has crashed into a parked police cruiser in Southern California. Police Sgt. Jim Cota says the officer was not in the cruiser during the crash Tuesday in Laguna Beach. He says the Tesla driver suffered minor injuries.
The police SUV ended up with its two passenger-side wheels on a sidewalk.
Tesla's semi-autonomous Autopilot mode has come under scrutiny following other recent crashes. The carmaker says the function is not designed to avoid a collision and warns drivers not to rely on it entirely.
- Tesla in Autopilot mode crashes into California police car
- Tesla in autopilot mode crashes into California police car
- Police report: Tesla in Autopilot sped up before Utah crash
- Decatur Police shift into severe weather mode
- Plane crash in Alabama kills California pilot
- Shoals man injured in Saturday car crash
- Teen killed in Shoals car crash
- 2 killed in Cullman County car crash
- Woman missing from car crash found alive
- Car crashes into Alabama Chick-Fil-A