WASHINGTON (AP) - Terry Crews says a film producer said he could only return to the "Expendables" franchise if he dropped his sexual assault lawsuit against a Hollywood agent. The actor said it was an example of how "abusers protect abusers."
Crews made the allegation Tuesday at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing. Crews last year accused a William Morris Endeavor talent agent of groping him at a party.
At the hearing, he was asked if there had been any retaliation for making the sexual assault allegation.
He said "Expendables" producer Avi Lerner asked that the actor drop his case in order to appear in the fourth installment of the action film and warned of "troubles" if it wasn't dropped. He has been in each of the previous films.
An email seeking comment from Lerner's Millennium Films was not immediately returned Tuesday afternoon.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
6/26/2018 2:28:25 PM (GMT -5:00)
- Terry Crews says 'Expendables' producer threatened 'trouble'
- What do Morgan Co. voters think about Rep. Terri Collins?
- More trash trouble in Huntsville
- Sewer work to cause traffic troubles
- Celebrity suicides highlight troubling trend in midlife
- Alabama Rep. Terri Collins takes questions about abortion law from Morgan County constituents
- Moore threatens lawsuit over story that threatens campaign
- Produce, more products now available at Decatur Dollar General location
- Final Huntsville Schools safety meeting produces new ideas
- Energy Department says US is now world's top oil producer