A Tennessee man was confirmed dead after the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) Marine Patrol said he was in a canoeing accident.
Officials said Gregory Lawson , 51, from Hixon, Tennessee, was canoeing with a woman in the Scottsboro area when the canoe capsized around 7:00 p.m. Friday evening.
The woman was able to swim to shore for help, but Lawson died as a result of the capsizing.
Marine Patrol said on Saturday morning that the incident is still under investigation.
- Tennessee man dies in canoeing incident
- Flint creek in Morgan co. expands to 20-mile canoe trail
- Tennessee woman dies in Madison County crash
- Canoe and Kayak access area at Cypress Creek in Florence being closed for construction
- Recently adopted child, 1, left in truck dies in Tennessee
- Police: Tennessee man reported killing his wife
- Limestone County man drowns in Tennessee River
- Florence man charged in Tennessee police pursuit
- Manhunt underway in Tennessee
- Investigation into Tennessee woman's death