Tennessee agents say a grand jury indicted a man of child rape among other charges after a months-long investigation.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigatgion and the Tennessee Department of Children's Services conducted a joint investigation on Randy "Derek" Byrd, 36, of Haywood County, Tennessee. Investigators say they determined that Byrd was having inappropriate sexual relations with a child as a result.
Haywood County is located approximately 60 miles northeast of Memphis and 100 miles northwest of the Shoals.
The grand jury indicted Byrd Monday with rape of a child, sexual batter by an authority figure, two counts of sexual exploitation of a minor by electronic means, sexual exploitation of minor images and continuous sexual abuse of a child.
Byrd was booked in the Haywood County Jail on a $500,000 bond.
- Tennessee man accused of child rape, other sex offenses
- Marshall County man charged with rape, having sex with child
- Man arrested on rape, child sex abuse charges in Jackson County
- Huntsville Police arrest man accused of producing child pornography, rape and sodomy
- Man charged with attempted rape, sexual abuse of child
- Collinsville man charged with rape after child reports inappropriate behavior
- Alabama man accused of raping girl, 5, has been arrested
- Boaz man facing child porn, sex abuse charges
- Madison County authorities charge man with child sex abuse
- Huntsville man pleads guilty in federal child sex trafficking case