PIKEVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Authorities say two women were found dead inside their Tennessee home and that a man has been charged.
Bledsoe County Sheriff Jimmy Morris tells WRCB-TV that the women were found in a Pikeville home Thursday night. District Attorney General Michael Taylor requested a probe by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, which identified the women as 46-year-old Deanna Lawrence and her daughter, 24-year-old Dedra Lawrence.
The women lived with their boyfriends, and Deanna Lawrence's boyfriend was locked out when he arrived home. After no one answered the door, he broke a window to get inside. He found the women dead and Dedra Lawrence's boyfriend, Joe Whittenburg, unconscious.
Whittenburg was taken to a hospital, but his condition is unclear. He faces two criminal homicide counts. It's unclear if he has a lawyer.
Information from: WRCB-TV, http://www.wrcbtv.com/
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
12/1/2017 12:02:35 PM (GMT -6:00)
- Tennessee boyfriend charged after woman, mother found dead in home
- Dead woman found in car after Tennessee officer-involved shooting
- Decatur woman found covered in blood, boyfriend arrested
- Boyfriend speaks out after woman killed inside Huntsville home
- Athens woman charged with stabbing boyfriend in the stomach
- Woman found dead in north Huntsville home identified
- Investigation into Tennessee woman's death
- Alabama mother faces charge after dead baby found in car's trunk
- Police: Alabama woman attacks boyfriend with hatchet, billiard ball
- Huntsville police say woman arrested for stabbing boyfriend