The Tennessee Highway Patrol has identified the driver they say was involved in a deadly Lincoln County crash.
Tullahoma, Tenn., resident Zachary A. Collins, 25, was the driver and the case will be presented to a grand jury, said Christopher Dye, department spokesperson.
Early Tuesday morning, the patrol says Elbrus Bokiev, 67, of Mulberry, Tenn., was struck by a vehicle on Lynchburg Highway near Louse Creek Road in Lincoln County. His body was discovered about 3 p.m. Tuesday.
Earlier, the patrol was looking for the driver, who they said fled the scene, and a damaged vehicle.
- Tennessee Highway Patrol identifies driver in fatal hit and run
- Decatur Police on patrol for drunk drivers
- Decatur Police seek driver in deadly hit and run
- Troopers: Hit-and-run driver admits he killed Leighton man
- Snow, ice hit the Tennessee Valley
- Victims identified in fatal Limestone County shooting
- 18-wheeler flips on Highway 72, driver hospitalized
- Suspect in hit-and-run death of Tennessee officer in custody
- Tennessee to halt most highway construction during holidays
- Florence police: Help identify body found floating in Tennessee River