Alabama State Troopers investigated a crash at the corner of Maysville Road and Deposit Road in Madison County on Tuesday. The Madison County Coroner said Jordan Ann Collier, 18, from New Market died in the crash that happened around 5 p.m.
Collier was killed when the vehicle she was driving was struck by a vehicle, which caused it to collide with another vehicle. She was pronounced dead at the scene. The other drivers were not injured.
A driver involved in the accident initially ran from the scene, according to the Madison County Sheriff's Office, but was found by state troopers. The investigation of the accident will determine whether or not the driver will be arrested and charged.
Constance Morris lives near the corner of Maysville Road and Deposit Road. She said it can be very dangerous and that she doesn't dare look down at anything in her car when she's at the corner, "If just for a second and you look up, and you get ready to pull out, a car can be right one you," said Morris.
That is because of how fast cars drive, in her estimation, "They run up 50, 60, and more," said Morris.
The speed limit along that stretch of Maysville Road is 45mph. According to Morris, the road has gotten much busier in the last few years, "People never used to use this road, but in the last four or five years it has become a thoroughway," said Morris.
She wants people to know what this road is like, so they will drive safely and avoid a deadly accident, "It's just scary. You just never know what's going to happen on this road," said Morris.
The Alabama State Troopers shut down Maysville Road for roughly three hours while they completed their initial investigation into what happened. They have not released the name of the other drivers involved.
- Teenager dies in Madison County wreck
- Teenager dies in Limestone County wreck
- Teenager injured in late night wreck
- Man dies in DeKalb County wreck
- Arab man dies in Morgan County wreck
- Madison County inmate dies, launching investigation
- Madison police: Wreck on Madison Boulevard causing traffic delays
- Madison County man saves woman from fiery car wreck
- Wreck knocks down power lines, blocks Madison County road
- School bus involved in two-vehicle wreck in Madison County