Photo Gallery 4 Images
Huntsville police took a teenager into custody Monday morning after they said he led them on a pursuit and crashed into a utility pole in the Five Points neighborhood.
Police said they got a call about a juvenile poking around in an impound lot just after 8 a.m. When an officer approached the boy, they said he got into his truck and took off.
The teenager crashed the truck into a pole at Pratt Avenue and Russell Street, police said. He was not injured and was taken into custody. There was no immediate word on what he was charged with.
A Huntsville Police Department spokesman said the truck had a stolen license tag.
Police on the scene said the boy has had run-ins with police before and might be charged as an adult.
- Teenager arrested after running from police
- Three teenagers arrested after found fleeing from a stolen car
- UPDATE: Missing teenager found safe
- Police: Huntsville teenager dies after Wednesday morning shooting
- Two charged with murder of Toney teenager
- Hartselle man charged with sodomizing teenager
- Teenager charged as adult with attempted murder
- Teenager injured in late night wreck
- Teenager dies in Limestone County wreck
- Teenager dies in Madison County wreck