A 16-year-old high school football player in Mississippi died one day after he collapsed on the sidelines during a game, the Associated Press reported. According to the family of Dennis Mitchell, he fell onto the ground face first and began to tremble. His teammates screamed for help, and emergency crews arrived as coaches were heard to shout, "stay with me, Dennis."
Mitchell died Saturday at Northwest Mississippi Regional Medical Center. His body will be sent for autopsy, though Mitchell's family said he has no interest of prior health problems.
- Teenage football player collapses at game, later dies
- Wall collapsed injuring Oakman High School football players
- Shoals Christian football player collapses during practice, taken to Birmingham hospital
- UPDATE: Shoals Christian football player who collapsed now awake, breathing on his own
- Fayetteville High School football player dies in car crash
- Lauderdale County High School football player injured during game
- Teenager dies in Limestone County wreck
- Teenager dies in Madison County wreck
- College Football Player Rankings out
- Alabama DB Kyriq McDonald collapses on sideline during championship game