MERIDIAN, Miss. (AP) - Bond is set at $50,000 for a teenager charged with shooting a man outside a Mississippi shopping mall while Black Friday sales were going on.
Meridian police tell media outlets that 19-year-old Jarvonta Lanier faces charges including aggravated assault and gang activity.
Police say a man was shot in the hand in the parking lot outside Bonita Lakes Mall on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Police Sgt. Dareall Thompson says the shooting stemmed from a dispute between the two men going back several years.
Authorities haven't released the name of the victim, and it's unclear whether Lanier has an attorney to speak on his behalf.
- Teen charged in Black Friday mall shooting in Mississippi
- BLACK FRIDAY: Shopping safety
- Officer won't face charges in fatal Birmingham mall shooting
- Hoover mall shooting suspect arrested in Georgia
- Judge provides mall shooting evidence to defense
- Alabama mall shooting suspect seeks police video
- Organizers seek expanded boycott following mall shooting
- Alabama mall shooting suspect seeks lower bond
- Black Friday shoppers line up for deals