BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A 17-year-old girl has been hospitalized with life-threatening injuries after she was shot in the head at a recreation center in Alabama.
Birmingham Police Sgt. William Herndon says the girl was a bystander who was shot when a spray of bullets hit the center Tuesday. AL.com reports that police have a female suspect in custody but she has not been charged.
Herndon says about 40 people were outside of the center when two women began to fight over a man. He says shots were fired and the teen was hit as she fled the scene.
- Teen bystander shot in head at Alabama recreation center
- Bystander fatally shot in crossfire in Birmingham
- Teen fatally shot in central Alabama subdivision
- Alabama authorities identify teen found shot on I-65
- Gurley Recreational Center gutted for start of demolition process
- Gurley recreation center construction delayed due to rain
- Athens senior center, recreational facilities close, other services remain open
- Federal grants will improve north Alabama's recreational sites
- Top 2018 ILB prospect heading to Alabama?
- Alabama's OC named Maryland's Head Coach