NEW YORK (AP) - A technical outage is impacting major airlines and causing flight delays that may impact travel.
The Federal Aviation Administration said Monday that several airlines were dealing with computer issues. The agency recommended people contact their airline directly for flight information and updates.
There are delays already at airports in Chicago, New York, Boston, Atlanta, Miami and Detroit.
Dan Landson of Southwest Airlines said there was an outage with a vendor that services multiple carriers with data used in flight planning. Southwest said it lifted an internal ground stop at 7:05 Eastern that had been implemented for about 40 minutes.
The airline anticipates scattered delays and said that travelers should check its website for the latest updates on specific flights.
Delta said some of its flights were impacted.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Technical outages affecting airlines
- NSA deletes phone records, citing 'technical irregularities'
- Huntsville Utilities responding to power outage affecting more than 1,300 customers
- Winter weather affects businesses
- Technical difficulties at polls have little impact on voter experience
- J.F. Drake State Community and Technical College announces new president
- Mazda Toyota Manufacturing officials tour Limestone Career Technical Center
- To our viewers: Transmitter issues causing technical difficulties
- Madison County honoring fallen officer at career technical school
- Massive Verizon texting outage reported