16 organizations were recognized on Redstone Arsenal on Monday.
The Aviation and Missile Command recognized Team Redstone for surpassing their value engineering goals and completing life cycle cost reduction projects.
In the 2017 fiscal year, the organizations collectively saved more than 295 million dollars.
The engineers who work in these organizations do the work behind the scenes to relieve burdens for soldiers, according to the arsenal.
"Our soldiers don't even know that there ever was an issue to start with and they don't have to worry about it because we already have taken care of it before it ever got to them and that's what we take the most pride in," Tom Reynolds the Value Engineering Manager.
The Arsenal also announced there was 27 million dollars in savings for 19 organizations outside Team Redstone in the 2017 fiscal year.
- Team Redstone organizations receive value engineering awards
- Team Redstone Operations Security Day
- Retired NASA Engineer in Huntsville received two 'Silver Snoopy' awards
- Flooding impacts Redstone Arsenal
- Redstone Federal Credit Union honored with international award
- Soldiers on Redstone Arsenal compete for international award
- AMCOM receives new Commanding General at Redstone Arsenal
- Sparkman teacher receives state award
- Space Force team coming to Huntsville to survey Redstone Arsenal
- AMRDEC at Redstone Arsenal gets new director