Free 2 Teach is kicking off another summer of shopping for teachers through Madison County Schools.
On Monday, Free 2 Teach welcomed 100 teachers to shop in the store.
Over the summer, volunteers have worked hard to stock the store with various supplies for teachers and their classrooms.
From furniture for the classroom, to books, the Free 2 Teach store is filled with items teachers shop at no cost.
Last school year, Free 2 Teach gave away $1.2 million in supplies and resources for Madison County Teachers.
More than 900 teachers are expected to shop through the rest of the summer.
"And its expensive to get back to school ready. My first year teaching before I found out about this, I spent so much money. This just saves me on the little things like construction paper, sissors," said Kaitlyn Shields, Riverton Elementary Teacher.
Teachers do have to sign up for a time slot to shop. The store is open for all teachers throughout Madison County. Teachers will continue shopping on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
If you want to sign up, volunteer to help, or donate visit http://free-2-teach.org/.
- Teachers shop for free at local supply store
- Teacher's dying wish: Backpacks full of supplies instead of flowers
- Free2Teach in Huntsville providing school supplies for teachers
- Huntsville City Schools supplies free at home internet to students
- NASA Shipper Launches Supplies
- Shopping online skims money from local communities
- Stores hoping people keep shopping offer Cyber Monday deals
- Local hairstylists gather supplies for burned-down Moulton salon
- Amazon Go is going small with tiny, cashier-free stores
- Dollar General having free giveaways at new Lacey's Spring store