CLANTON, Ala. (AP) - A teacher and former county school board member in Alabama has been charged with multiple sex crimes involving children.
Authorities say 31-year-old Ashley Nicole Maddox was arrested following an investigation by Clanton police involving three alleged victims.
She's charged with being a school employee and having sexual contact with a student under 19; contributing to the delinquency of a minor; and distributing obscene material to a student.
The website of Chilton County High School lists Maddox as a math teacher there. WBRC-TV reports she previously served on the Chilton County Board of Education. The school website says she also taught at Clanton elementary and middle schools and was once a special education teacher in Shelby County.
Court records aren't available online to show whether Maddox has a lawyer.
Information from: WBRC-TV, http://www.myfoxal.com/
- Teacher, former school board member charged with sex crimes
- Huntsville City School Board member arrested
- Red Bay School assistant charged with child sex crimes
- Alabama teacher faces sex charge involving student
- Huntsville school board members fed up with lawyer
- Huntsville City Schools Board of Education member might be censured
- Harassment report made against Huntsville School Board member
- School board member reacts to new south Huntsville development
- Huntsville City Schools board member Pam Hill announces resignation
- Huntsville City School Board member pleaded not guilty to harassment charge