NORTHPORT, Ala. (AP) - An Alabama man who police say is HIV-positive is accused of spitting on a nurse, telling her to "taste the last kiss of death."
The Tuscaloosa News cites court records that say 28-year-old Montrel Dewaun Minor was charged with felony assault with bodily fluids after spitting on the nurse while being treated at the Northport Medical Center's emergency room last month. Despite the implied threat, HIV is not transmittable through saliva.
The report doesn't specify why Minor was being treated at the hospital, but the Northport police report says he was "belligerent and combative," necessitating physical restraint to receive treatment.
The nurse told police she tested negative for HIV. She'll be required to retest after six months for conclusive results.
It's unclear whether Minor has a lawyer.
- 'Taste kiss of death': Cops say HIV-positive man spat on RN
- HIV-positive former school aide pleads guilty to sex abuse charges
- Another taste of summer Tuesday
- Former HIV clinic now offering primary healthcare
- Missing Decatur man's body positively identified
- Unwanted kiss lawsuit against President Trump dismissed in Florida
- Don't kiss your chickens, the CDC says. Please don't
- Man identified as kissing sailor in WWII Times Square photo dies at 95
- Athens man talks kisses, Roll Tide, more on Live with Kelly and Ryan
- London patient might be second to be cured of HIV