The Tennessee Valley Authority will discuss a change to its rate structure at its May 10th meeting.
This is not a rate increase. Instead, TVA is working to add a fixed-rate charge to local power company bills and reduce that same amount in their energy rate.
This system is similar to how several cell phone and gym plans work: the customer pays a base fee that covers constant access to a reliable service.
The rate restructuring is also designed to keep bills consistent during high demand periods like winter and summer.
- TVA proposing new rate structure
- Huntsville Utilities proposes rate increase
- Watch: TVA brings downs 1,200-foot structure in Widows Creek Fossil Plant demolition
- TVA board approves grid access charge
- TVA land sells for $5 million dollars
- TVA records second-highest peak power demand
- TVA preparing for approaching above-normal rainfall
- Structure catches fire in Pisgah
- Rich Get Richer: TVA CEO is getting a raise
- TVA spilling 1.7 million gallons per second through Wilson Dam