A developer spent $5 million for 900 acres of prime real estate in the Shoals.
This wooded area along Second Street in Muscle Shoals is now officially owned by muscle Shoals LLC, a company representative told us they want to hear from people on the types of businesses or industries they want to see come in.
"900 acres is a lot of land. My reaction is what are they planning on doing with this," said Sonya Crittenden.
She works right across the street from the 900 acres of TVA land recently bought by Muscle Shoals Holadings LLC.
She hopes to see more shopping options.
"I'd like to see something like a Bridge Street type area. Some type of center for children to hang out and also to keep the money in this area than going to Huntsville to shop."
Patrick King, a representative with Muscle Shoals Holdings LLC, said he's taking trips to The Shoals to find out what people want.
He said all options are on the table, from possible tech industries, to some spin off automotive businesses to align with the Mazda Toyota plant.
"Huntsville has got a lot of stuff coming in like Redstone Arsenal and the Space Center so something here like that would be great," Jean Bogus told WAAY 31.
She wants to see more job opportunities for the younger generation in the Shoals.
"A lot of people that's going to college now are getting computer degrees and having to leave and go to other places to get a job."
King told us many of the investors want to remain anonymous.
He said they will be picky and are in this project for the long haul.
- TVA land sells for $5 million dollars
- TVA spilling 1.7 million gallons per second through Wilson Dam
- TVA proposing new rate structure
- Pocket watch inspired by the moon landing sells for record $4.5 million
- TVA board approves grid access charge
- TVA records second-highest peak power demand
- TVA preparing for approaching above-normal rainfall
- Labor Dept: TVA illegally fired whistleblower
- TVA opens spillways ahead of expected rainfall
- Madison County Schools sells land intended for new high school