Alabama State Trooper said 71-year-old Linda Bippen from Harvest and a 6-year-old child in the same vehicle as Bippen died in a two-vehicle wreck at Balch Road and Maple Ridge Boulevard in Madison.
Troopers said it was a head-on collision, and both cars ended up in a creek.
The driver of the other vehicle was taken to the hospital but is expected to be OK.
People WAAY 31 spoke with told us they aren't surprised by the accident, because of how dangerous this road can be.
Lesley Carter lives on Balch Road. With the City of Madison continually growing she's seen a change on Balch Road over the last several years, "it's definitely gotten a lot more dangerous with the traffic that's coming in and out," said Carter.
The biggest danger she sees is speeders, "despite having posted speed limit signs they're obviously going in speeds way over 45 miles per hour," said Carter.
Right now, we do not know if speed played a factor in this crash.
Carter only sees Balch Road getting more dangerous with new development coming in, "I can only imagine how difficult traveling balch road will be with a brand new development," said Carter.
WAAY 31 asked the City of Madison if there are plans to expand Balch Road to deal with more traffic, but when this story was posted we had not gotten a call back yet.
In the meantime, Carter wants drivers to, "slow down," said Carter.
The Madison County Coroner told WAAY 31 the extended family of the people who died in this accident are still be notified, so they won't release their names until Wednesday Morning.
- Woman, 6-year-old child die in Madison wreck
- Madison County man saves woman from fiery car wreck
- 92-year-old woman dies following wreck with Madison police officer
- Teenager dies in Madison County wreck
- Madison police officer hurt in wreck
- Madison police: Wreck on Madison Boulevard causing traffic delays
- Madison police: Woman arrested for child abuse has been released
- Madison counselor arrested on child pornography charges
- Man arrested in Madison for child pornography
- Woman accused of leaving scene of deadly Madison wreck charged with manslaughter