Hatton High School's basketball coach was placed on leave a day after he was arrested for public intoxication at a Florence restaurant, according to police records.
Florence police arrest reports show Eric Tate, 41, was arrested at 1:14 a.m. Jan. 25 at the Applebee's in Florence. He was charged with misdemeanor public intoxication and was later released from the Lauderdale County Detention Center on a $500 bond.
When asked earlier this week, Lawrence County Schools Superintendent Job Bret Smith would not give a reason for Tate being placed on leave.
Hatton Principal Brent Gillespie has taken over as coach of the boys varsity basketball team.
- Suspended Hatton coach was charged with public intoxication
- Hatton High School teacher and basketball coach Eric Tate suspended
- Report: Man charged with leaving fatal wreck was intoxicated
- Sheriff: Hatton High School student charged with terrorism after threatening classmates
- Alabama city councilman charged with public lewdness
- Suspended Fayetteville fire chief retires
- Shoals attorney has license suspended
- Ex-Alabama high school coach indicted on student sex charges
- Officials suspend search for missing boaters
- Fayetteville's fire chief suspended, according to report