Hatton High School's basketball coach was placed on leave a day after he was arrested for public intoxication at a Florence restaurant, according to police records.
Florence police arrest reports show Eric Tate, 41, was arrested at 1:14 a.m. Jan. 25 at the Applebee's in Florence. He was charged with misdemeanor public intoxication and was later released from the Lauderdale County Detention Center on a $500 bond.
When asked earlier this week, Lawrence County Schools Superintendent Job Bret Smith would not give a reason for Tate being placed on leave.
Hatton Principal Brent Gillespie has taken over as coach of the boys varsity basketball team.
- Suspended Hatton coach was charged with public intoxication
- Hatton High School teacher and basketball coach Eric Tate suspended
- Man arrested for public intoxication, assaulting Ardmore Police officer
- Power out at Hatton Elementary in Colbert County after wreck
- Public intoxication charge dismissed for Athens councilman's son accused of hitting parents with vehicle
- Sheriff: Hatton High School student charged with terrorism after threatening classmates
- Report: Man charged with leaving fatal wreck was intoxicated
- Auburn suspends assistant coach amid bribery scandal
- Hatton High School grad dies from injuries after Lawrence County wreck
- Huntsville police: Intoxicated driver crashes into police vehicle