Photo Gallery 2 Images
Huntsville police took two people into custody after a chase that ended at a busy intersection Tuesday afternoon.
Undercover drug agents with the Huntsville Police Department said it started when they saw Yuriy Samarskiy, 27, and Jamal Edwards, 25, conducting a drug deal in the parking lot of the Dollar General on Andrew Jackson Boulevard in Five Points around 1:15 p.m. Tuesday.
Agents said they moved in and the men took off in a truck, hitting an undercover agent's car as they left the scene.
Police said they chased the men's truck until they ditched it in the Burger King parking lot at University Drive and Memorial Parkway and ran. They were taken into custody a short time later.
Heroin was found in the men's truck, police said, and they believe they threw heroin out of the truck during the chsase as well.
Neither men are charged with drug posession, beause police only found enough heroin to test.
Both men are charged with conspiracy to commit control substance crime and running from police.
Samarskiy could face additional charges for hitting the undercover agent's car at the beginning of the chase.
A woman who works around the corner from where the drug deal was taking place told WAAY 31 she isn't surprised.
"I think it's pretty common. Everywhere in Huntsville. There's no such thing as a great neighborhood, because you've got drugs I think in every neighborhood," said Charleece Gipson
- Suspects from afternoon police chase identified
- Suspect identified in Friday morning UAH police chase, shooting
- Burglary suspects lead police on chase
- Decatur Police seeking help in identifying suspect
- Police ask for help identifying suspect
- Huntsville Police trying to identify theft suspects
- Huntsville Police trying to identify burglary suspect
- Boaz police want help identifying theft suspect
- Police need help identifying theft suspects