TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) - Authorities in Alabama say a man has been captured after a high school student was fatally shot.
News outlets report that 48-year-old Donald Kenneth Robertson was captured at a Tuscaloosa motel. He was charged with several offenses including murder in the death of Holt High School student Jalen Merriweather.
Investigators say Robertson went to an apartment complex and started arguing with a woman about their child.
Robertson began hitting the woman with a pistol and Merriweather tried to intervene. Police say the suspect then shot Merriweather.
Capt. Kip Hart said Thursday that investigators are also charging three people with first-degree hindering prosecution.
News outlets did not report if Robertson has a lawyer.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
2/15/2018 8:46:19 PM (GMT -6:00)
- Suspect in shooting of student is captured
- Franklin County kidnapping suspect captured in Mississippi
- Murder suspect captured after 8-day search
- Escaped inmate captured
- Morgan County investigators capture felony child molestation suspect
- Police capture final Santa's Village employee robbery suspect
- Colbert Heights High identifies student suspected in shooting threat
- Escaped inmate captured near Geraldine
- Escaped Limestone County inmate captured
- Franklin County murder suspect captured in Mexico after 11 years on the run