Photo Gallery 1 Images
Tuscumbia Police told WAAY 31 that Gary Dewayne White, 47, was arrested by Lauderdale County officials for having outstanding warrants.
Tony Logan, the Tuscumbia Police Chief, said White's girlfriend came to the police department to file charges against him after they got into an altercation on Wednesday. The girlfriend left her mother and white at her home on Frankfort Road. Police went to the home and the mother told them she thought White was still in the house.
Once they got her to safety officers surrounded the home and tried to make contact with White. The entered the home and found that White was not there.
They shut down a portion of Frankfort Road because they didn't know what type of situation this could turn into. Logan told WAAY 31 they wanted to be extra cautious.
"You have the motoring public trying to go by and you have surrounding residents," said Logan. "I want to thank the Colbert County Sheriff, Frank Williamson, along with other agencies like the Littleville Police Deptartment. When those kinds of things happen you have to come together, and fortunately this ended in a good situation for all of us."
Logan said White could face domestic violence charges in Tuscumbia but he has not been changed with anything yet, except for the outstanding warrants in Lauderdale County.
- Suspect in custody after domestic violence report and police search
- Huntsville Police: Domestic violence suspect taken into custody
- Domestic violence suspect wanted in Tuscumbia now in custody
- Domestic violence in Alabama
- Man arrested for Domestic Violence
- MCSO: domestic violence leads to standoff, suspect identified
- Florence man charged with domestic violence, kidnapping
- Legal experts explain domestic violence laws
- Madison City Police raise awareness for domestic violence
- Florence Police arrest state trooper for domestic violence