Authorities responded to a high-speed chase Tuesday night that ended with the suspect crashing on Jackson County Road 78.
The DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office says the chase began on Highway 117 after the driver was clocked at 91 mph and was driving recklessly. The department says meth was found in the suspect’s vehicle.
According to the sheriff’s office, the suspect, Mark Anthony Summerford of Flat Rock, was airlifted to Erlanger and is now in stable condition. Deputies stabilized him until emergency medical personnel responded to the scene.
Summerford will face charges in Jackson County.
- Suspect arrested after DeKalb County high-speed chase
- 2 suspects arrested after high-speed chase in Morgan County
- DeKalb County sheriff: Suspect with multiple warrants injured in high-speed chase, wreck
- Two suspects arrested after high-speed chase near Sylvania
- Morgan County high-speed chase ends in arrests, drug bust
- DeKalb Co. man accused of multi-county thefts, eluding police on high-speed chase
- 2 arrested in Limestone County after suspected drug deal, high-speed chase
- Tuscumbia high-speed chase lands burglary suspect behind bars
- 4 detained after high speed chase
- High speed chase and counterfeit money lead to an arrest