The head baseball coach at Muscle Shoals High School has been placed on administrative leave.
Coach Josh LouAllen was placed on leave as of Friday, said Brian Lindsey, Muscle Shoals City Schools superintendent.
Lindsey said it is the school system's policy not to comment on the details of why LouAllen was placed on leave. He said recommendations for LouAllen will be decided at a Nov. 18th meeting of the board of education.
We did reach out to the Muscle Shoals police chief, and he said nothing criminal has been filed with his department, and they did not know LouAllen was placed on leave.
According to the school system's website, along with being the head baseball coach, LouAllen is also a science teacher and has been with the school for a little more than a year. Before taking the job at Muscle Shoals, he was a coach in the Tuscumbia and Decatur City school systems, along with Lawrence County Schools.
We have reached out to LouAllen to see if he wanted to make a comment, but we have not heard back from him. We have also filed an open records request to obtain his personnel file. We will let you know if that request is fulfilled.
- Superintendent: Muscle Shoals High School coach on paid administrative leave
- Elementary school teacher on paid administrative leave
- Muscle Shoals principal placed on indefinite leave
- Muscle Shoals TV Show Confirmed
- Muscle Shoals' pre-game routine
- Brooks, Muscle Shoals high school golf teams win state championships
- Julian Harris Elementary School principal placed on paid administrative leave
- Muscle Shoals principal resigns after being placed on leave
- Muscle Shoals Education Foundation raises $90,000
- Muscle Shoals parents upset after teacher firing