GWINNETT, Ga. (AP) - A malpractice suit says a Georgia woman has permanent brain damage after going in for liposuction and a tummy tuck. News media report that the dermatologist who operated on her made more than 20 YouTube videos of herself singing and dancing during other operations.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and WSB-TV report that Dr. Windell Boutte (boo-TAY) of Gwinnett declined to comment on their joint investigation.
A lawsuit filed by 26-year-old Ojay Liburd says his mother's heart stopped after eight hours on the operating table. The lawsuit says Boutte's office was not equipped to handle the emergency, and Icilma Cornelius now can do almost nothing for herself.
Attorney Susan Witt filed that lawsuit and two others alleging that Boutte uses unqualified staff and an office that isn't safe for the surgeries done there.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
5/21/2018 6:47:09 PM (GMT -5:00)
- Suit: woman went in for liposuction, suffered brain damage
- Paralyzed man walks using brain-controlled robotic suit
- Athens dad files lawsuit against JUUL for son's 'brain damage'
- Man put into medically induced coma after suffering lung damage from vaping
- Woman's runny nose turns out to be leak of brain fluid
- Damage near Ardmore
- Damage in Russellville
- I-65 Bridge Damaged
- WATCH: Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek updates fans following brain surgery
- Brain-eating worm grows in Florida man's eye