Madison County Schools says an alleged threat made to Meridianville Middle School is under investigation.
The school's principal sent this statement to parents Monday morning:
Late last night, school administrators were made aware of an alleged threat via social media.
We take any threat very seriously and immediately contacted law enforcement.
The student in question will not be on the campus at Meridianville Middle and will not return until a full investigation has been made and resolved.
As an additional precaution, we will have an increased presence of Madison County Sheriff Deputies on campus today.
- Student out of school while district investigates alleged threat to Meridianville Middle School
- New principal named for Meridianville Middle School
- Meridianville Middle School hosts pro wrestling event for good cause
- Jeep overturns on Meridianville road
- Superintendent addresses knife threat at Discovery Middle School
- Cherokee student arrested for school threat
- School board president: Pam Hill is threat to district's accreditation
- Madison County school districts prepare for cyber threats
- Superintendent: Student had gun just off Discovery Middle School campus
- Sparkman Middle School hosts Merge Day for elementary students