A thunderstorm complex developed in the overnight in southeastern Missouri. This thunderstorm complex will graze the western parts of the Tennessee Valley Thursday but will be close enough to trigger thunderstorms throughout the entire Valley.
By far the biggest concern today will be damaging winds with any strong to severe storms. Small hail, heavy rain and lightning are also a concern. Most thunderstorm activity should begin to die down after sunset from the loss of afternoon heat.
Drier air from the northeast Friday will keep thunderstorm chances lower but not zero. Any afternoon the next 7 days could see pop-up showers and thunderstorms.
- Showers Monday, strong to severe thunderstorms Thursday
- Strong to severe thunderstorms possible Thursday
- Warm Wednesday, strong to severe thunderstorms possible Thursday
- Isolated strong to severe thunderstorms Monday
- Strong to severe thunderstorms possible Saturday
- Strong to severe thunderstorms possible Saturday afternoon
- Strong to severe thunderstorms possible Wednesday
- Severe thunderstorm threat arrives Thursday evening
- Strong to severe storms possible Thursday
- Strong to severe storms before sunrise Thursday