Photo Gallery 3 Images
Greenhill Volunteer Fire Chief Barry Gray told WAAY31 his crews have been busy Wednesday night cutting up trees in the Greenhill area, after storms rolled through.
Gray said at least 12 structures have some type of damage. During clean up efforts a Elgin Volunteer Firefighter cut the top of his leg with a chainsaw.
He was taken to the hospital and expected to make a full recovery.
There were trees down on County Road 33, 39, 375, and 363.
Most of the trees have been cleared from the roadways. There were tin roofs ripped off and one trampoline twisted up in front of a home on County Road 39.
Lauderdale County Emergency Management said it will assess the damage in the daylight to get a better scope.
- Storms damage 12 structures in Lauderdale County; firefighter injured
- Storm damage in Lauderdale County
- PHOTOS: Storm damage in Colbert, Lauderdale counties
- Severe storms damage several homes, structures in Jackson County
- Weather damage clean up in Lauderdale County
- "Vehicle vs building accident" caused minor structural damage at Lauderdale Co. High School
- Residents react after storm hits Lauderdale County
- Lauderdale County Homicide Investigation
- Florence, Lauderdale seek flood-damaged residents
- Lauderdale County fails to qualify for flood damage help