Storm damage and power outages are being reported to the National Weather Service as a strong line of storms moves across North Alabama.
Here are some of the reports:
* CSX crossing arm westbound on Washington damaged during storm. Watch for trains and do not depend on the crossing arms to close as a warning.
Athens Police Chief Floyd Johnson has notified CSX and a repair crew is headed to Athens.
* A large old oak tree fell from the Limestone County Courthouse lawn onto some cars parked around The Square. Three people were in one of the damaged vehicles but were not injured. Athens Police will have Marion Street in front of the Courthouse closed until further notice.
About 3,000 customers are without power, scattered throughout Limestone County. There are power poles and lines down, as well as trees in lines. Athens Utilities crews are working as quickly as safely possible to restore power.
There is a report of a tree down, blocking part of the roadway at Grace Avenue and Fifth Street.
Athens Police Chief Floyd Johnson asks that motorists slow down and treat intersections with malfunctioning traffic signals as four-way stops.
* Two HAM Radio towers were reported blown down, a garage door buckled, and some buildings damaged in Greenhill in Lauderdale County.
* Tree reported down at Bowen Street and Lynwood Avenue in Colbert County.
* Tree reported down at Mile Marker 49 on Hwy. 157 in Leighton
* The city of Athens reports scattered outages, power lines down and limbs/trees down due to storm. Motorists should slow down and use caution. There are also some malfunctions with traffic signals. Please treat these intersections as 4-way stops. Responders are working to address these weather related issues
* Trees and power lines are reported down in Limestone County.
* The Franklin County EMA reports flooded roads in Russellville
* Power outages are reported in Colbert County near the White Oak community. Trees are reported down south of White Oak near Ore Mine Road.
* Lauderdale County EMA reports multiple trees and power lines are down near County Road 33 and County Road 39 in Lexington
* The Lauderdale County EMA reports a barn has been destroyed on County Road 375.
* Trees and power lines are reported down on County Road 217 in Hillsboro in Lawrence County.
Stay with WAAY 31 on air and WAAYTV.com online for updates