Alabamians continue to support President Trump. A new poll put together by The Morning Consult has Alabama tied with West Virginia and Wyoming as the states where the president has the highest approval rating - 63%.
The poll was based on data collected from nearly 1.5 million registered voters across the country between January 2017 and July 2018. People were asked about their approval or disapproval of President Trump, and then asked to rate him on a further scale as to how "strongly" or "somewhat strongly" approve or disapprove.
Compared to January 2017, President Trump's approval rating in Alabama stayed about the same, though his disapproval rating did increase by 7%. The president aslo had a strong showing in Tennessee, which ranked in the top 10 for support at 56%, and a disapproval rating of 40%.
The lowest approval rating for President Trump is in his own backyard - Washington DC - where his approval rating is 20% and his disapproval rating is 77%. His approval rating is second lowest in Massachusetts at 36%.
- President Trump's associate arrested
- Athens State president stepping down
- President Trump offering unity in State of the Union Address
- President Donald Trump delivers State of the Union address
- States where President Trump is most, least liked
- President Trump signs budget deal
- President Trump, Putin summit scheduled
- President Trump on allies' spending
- Athens State University introduces 37th president
- Locals react to President Trump's Immigration Plan