UPDATE: A female suspect is in custody. The male victim was taken to Huntsville Hospital with a superficial abdomen wound. The Limestone County Sheriff's Office says the stabbing appears to have happened during a domestic altercation.
People who live near where the incident happened tell WAAY 31 the violence in their community is getting out of hand.
“It’s bad. Everyone here hates each other," said Eddie Maldonado. "I mean, there’s a lot of thieves, and I think two or three child molesters here."
Maldonado is 22 years old and has lived in the same neighborhood on Chris Way for most of his life, but he says he’s hoping that changes soon, saying it’s a dangerous place and he wants his family to move.
“I’m worried about my two little sisters’ safety," Maldonado said.
So, when he heard there was a man stabbed just a couple doors down from his home, he says he wasn’t shocked. Instead, he said it confirmed everything he already knew about his neighborhood.
Maldonado says he has a message for anyone thinking of living in his neighborhood.
“I recommend people who want to move here, don’t move here," he said.
Deputies have not yet released the female suspect's name.
Limestone County Sheriff's deputies responded Wednesday to the Chris Way Mobile Home Park on Blackburn Road where a stabbing victim was found.
Investigators and EMS also responded to the incident. According to the sheriff's office, the scene has been cleared.
- Stabbing victim found at Blackburn Road in Limestone Co.
- Governor's family endorses Marsha Blackburn
- Roads reopen in Limestone County
- Victim in deadly Limestone County wreck identified
- Victims identified in fatal Limestone County shooting
- Victims identified in Limestone County triple murder
- Limestone County roads closed due to flooding
- UPDATE: Limestone County teen fatally stabs mother and sister
- Trump to headline Blackburn Senate fundraiser in Tennessee
- Facebook says Blackburn anti-abortion ad mistakenly removed